Please call 832-240-4658 to schedule an appointment!
Tornado Relief for Pasadena and Deer Park
To help families who sustained damages from the recent tornado event, Catholic Charities Disaster Recovery team will be at the Joint Disaster Assistance Recovery Center set up by the City of Pasadena and the City of Deer Park.
Pasadena Convention Center
7902 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena, TX 77507
Friday 1/27 – 1-5 p.m.
Saturday 1/28 – 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday 1/29 – 1-6 p.m.
More dates will be added if necessary.
We provide response coordination and short-term and long-term recovery services to individuals and families dealing with the aftermath of natural disasters like hurricanes, floods and other catastrophes. No matter what storm comes our way, Catholic Charities will be here for the long term to help our community rebuild and recover.
You can make sure we have the funds necessary to provide immediate relief to families suffering after a natural disaster:
- Help with client referrals to any available resources.
- Help determine client eligibility for possible funding.
- Help plan, coordinate, and evaluate client needs.
- Help client’s gain self-sufficiency that maintains client’s human dignity.
- Crisis Counseling for family members in emotional distress after being displaced out of their home after the storm.
- Job loss
- Tips for healthy coping
- Information on how to recognize distress and its effects on individuals and families.
- Marital conflicts
- Basic needs
- Long-term case management
- Resource referrals
- If you were impacted by the recent floods, help may be available through FEMA. Apply at www.disasterassistance.gov or call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362).
- All seeking help are encouraged to call 2-1-1 first to determine the best resources for assistance or search the online directory.
- Pre-disaster address
- Current address
- Current phone number
- FEMA number, if applicable
- Alternate contact information
- All damage should be reported. Damage information will be placed in a database which will alert cleanup crews:
- National VOAD Resource Center
- What to do if your car floods
- Disaster Resources for Immigrants - Houston Legal Services Collaborative
- Hurricane Preparedness 101: What you need in your kit
- National Weather Service Hurricane Preparedness
- Hurricane Preparedness - Red Cross
- Preparing for a Hurricane or Tropical Storm - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Ready.gov - Department of Homeland Security
- 7 Tips for Hurricane Preparedness - American Bankers Association
- Hurricane Preparedness Checklist - ReadyHarris.org [PDF]