Parish Relations Office
Parishes are the home of the Christian community; they are the heart of our Church. Parishes are the place where God’s people meet Jesus in word and sacrament and come in touch with the source of the Church’s life… But until now, we have not specifically addressed the crucial role of parishes in the Church’s social ministry… we are convinced that the local parish is the most important ecclesial setting for sharing and acting on our Catholic social heritage.
-Introduction to USCCB Communities of Salt and Light: Reflections on the Social Mission of the Parish
At Catholic Charities, we support social ministries in a variety of ways. Our goal is to provide each parish with training and resources to meet the needs expressed at each parish community. Our Parish Relations Office connects the 10-county parishes throughout the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston with Catholic Charities’ life-changing programs and services that support people and families in need.
We provide a platform for people of faith to live and learn the practice of Catholic Social Teachings, promoting systemic change, advocating for the disenfranchised and putting action toward living the Gospel.
Join us to learn more about how parish pastors, social ministers, and other parish leaders can help their parishioners with the services offered by Catholic Charities.
Parish Social Ministry Certificate Program
Are there servant leaders in your parish that have a desire to learn more? This opportunity is open to clergy, religious, parish staff, volunteers, ministry leaders, pastoral council members. Please click the button below to register.
How can we help your parish?
- Parish Engagement: We will come to your parish to meet with parish clergy, religious and/or staff to provide initial information about how we can partner with your parish community.
- Parish Presentations: We are open to your invitation to come to your parish to talk about one or all Catholic Charities’ programs and/or set up an information table at the parish or during a church bazaar.
- Parish Social Ministry Connects: We invite parishes to join us for a presentation that is focused on a program that would be beneficial to learn more about for the parish community, while gaining continuing education.
- Getting Involved: Coordination of participation in events such as Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops’ Advocacy Day at the Capitol, kNOw Poverty Summit, and other gatherings that are focused on promoting systemic change. Parish groups and individuals may also coordinate volunteer/service opportunities with our Volunteer Services department.
- Parish Social Ministry Certificate Program: Are there servant leaders in your parish that have a desire to learn more? This opportunity is open to clergy, religious, parish staff, volunteers, ministry leaders, pastoral council members.
- Connecting with our Programs: The Parish Relations office is your advocate for accessing Catholic Charities and Archdiocesan resources.
- Growth and Opportunity: Individual parish consultation for the initiation and/or growth of a program
Please leave a prayer request below:
For more information, please contact Rhonda Sepulveda at 713-874-6672 or RSepulveda@CatholicCharities.org.