LaToya is raising three boys while completing her schooling and working part-time. During her first pregnancy, she found out her son would be born with profound hearing loss. LaToya wasn’t sure where to turn for help. That’s where you come into the story. Because...
What Does Catholic Charities Do?
For nearly 80 years, Catholic Charities has provided food, clothing, shelter and a network of support services to people of all ages and from all walks of life and religious backgrounds. We also promote social justice, serving as a voice for the poor and vulnerable.
Annually, we provide help and create hope for nearly 100,000 people as they create better lives for themselves and their families.
Who Does Catholic Charities Serve?
Catholic Charities serves anyone in the Greater Galveston-Houston region who needs us, from any religious background and from all walks of life. Our network of services is here…
- R… for low-income families who are struggling to make ends meet.
- R… for people who are hungry.
- R… for those impacted by natural disasters.
- R… for parents who want to give their children the best possible start in life.
- R… for women with young children escaping abuse and trying to start over.
- R… for people getting back on their feet.
- R… for women veterans trying to reestablish civilian life.
- R… for children who arrive here, alone and scared, and for children in crisis.
- R… for refugees who escaped violence, torture and threats.
- R… for immigrants who need legal advice.
- R… for vulnerable seniors who are alone with no or limited means of support.
- R… for people who need mental health support to sort through life’s challenges.
- R… and for people who want better lives and are striving for self-sufficiency.
Learn more about our programs and services and how you help Catholic Charities make an impact on thousands of lives in the Greater Houston area every year.
We are people helping people, as Jesus called us to do.
Nationally Recognized Nonprofit
We are accredited by the Better Business Bureau, and also the recipient of the 2019 BBB Winner of Distinction for Nonprofits, and the 2015 BBB Pinnacle Award for Nonprofits. We are a member agency of the United Way of Greater Houston and a member of Catholic Charities USA, one of the largest private networks of social services providers in the country.