Can’t Pay Rent? Know Your Rights Webinar
Join us as we provide an overview of the most recent moratorium on evictions imposed by the CDC, in addition to your rights as a tenant in the event that you face an eviction. Gain insights from legal experts and learn about community services that may be able to help.
This workshop is for you if, you have experienced or anticipate:
- Landlord asking for rent or threatening eviction
- Receipt of an eviction notice
Missed the English version of the webinar? Watch below:
Missed the Spanish version of the webinar? Watch below:
Vietnamese version from The Alliance:
The Eviction Moratorium & Fair Housing Rights/Tìm hiểu về Lệnh Cấm Trục Xuất và Công Bằng Gia Cư
CDC Eviction Moratorium
CDC Eviction Moratorium – Texas Law Help
CDC Eviction Moratorium Fact Sheet – English [PDF]
CDC Eviction Moratorium Fact Sheet – Spanish [PDF]
CDC Eviction Moratorium Fact Sheet – Vietnamese [PDF]
CDC Eviction Moratorium Fact Sheet – Arabic [PDF]
Overview of National Eviction Moratorium [PDF]
National Eviction Moratorium FAQ [PDF]
Getting evicted? These are the protections in place for tenants facing the prospect of losing the roof over their heads – KPRC
Legal Eviction Resources
Pro Se Guide and Forms (if you’re not using a lawyer)
Self Guided Eviction Help
Texas Law Help
Sample Rent Repayment Agreement / Sample Early Lease Termination [PDF]
Do you live in Texas and can’t afford your rent? We are here to help.
Anyone unable to afford their rent or with concerns about possible eviction can be assisted.
- All of the information and resources are available for free.
- Get legal information about the eviction process and your rights.
- Get access to important documents you can give to your landlord or the court.
- Apply for legal assistance from organizations in your area that provide free legal services to qualifying tenants.
- Find out about rental assistance and other resources in your area and how to apply.
- Chat with a real lawyer about your questions regarding eviction.
Right to Repairs as a Tenant
Information on Financial Assistance (in addition to Catholic Charities)
211 – 211texas.org
ACAM (Alliance of Community Assistance Ministries)
Society of St. Vincent de Paul
Catholic Charities Counseling and Behavioral Health Clinic
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline