*Per Texas State Board regulation, Counseling service can only be provided to those who currently live in Texas.*
Submit your request for a counseling appointment by completing this form!
The Counseling and Behavioral Health Clinic helps families of any income level with everyday problems build healthy relationships and heal from trauma and grief. Our licensed bilingual counselors serve families in schools, at parishes and in other locations throughout the community. Counseling also is integrated into other Catholic Charities programs because overall health is essential to self-sufficiency.
The Counseling Services program provides individual, couple and family counseling, as well as workshops/presentations for men, women and children. These services are provided by licensed clinicians who hold Master’s degrees and a variety of state licenses and credentials. These include marriage and family therapists, clinical social workers, and professional counselors. Bilingual staff members are available to meet a growing need for Spanish language counseling in the community.
The counseling staff of Catholic Charities is able to provide support, guidance, and insight for:
- Couples, premarital and marriage counseling to strengthen relationships
- Individuals who have experienced loss, trauma, or life changes
- Families seeking a better way to communicate.
- Youth dealing with peer pressure or bullying
- Parents who need guidance raising children with behavioral issues
- Individuals struggling with anger or anxiety
- Families adjusting to separation or divorce
- People who feel sad and alone
- Adults and youth coping with life’s daily stresses
- Caregivers supporting mentally ill and physically challenged loved ones
Learn more about our School Counseling program here.
The program is open to all children, families, singles and couples regardless of race, religion or socioeconomic status.
While there is a fee for the Counseling services, we do work on a sliding scale. The sliding scale fees are based off a family’s income and proof of income must be provided. Fees will be assessed when making an appointment. No cost counseling is provided to those who qualify for our grant funded service and will be screened during intake. At this time we are unable to accept insurance.
Counseling services are offered virtually, and also can be provided at the following locations:
Central Office, 2900 Louisiana St., Houston, TX 77006
St. John Vianney Catholic Community, Social Ministry Office, 625 Nottingham Oaks Trail, Houston, TX 77079
Fort Bend County:
12300 Parc Crest Dr., Stafford, TX 77477
Christ the Good Shepherd Catholic Church, 18511 Klein Church Road, Spring, TX 77379
Program Director: Srimaya Gurung,M.S.,LPC-S, CCTP
Please submit your request for appointment by completing the online form here.
For more information or questions regarding counseling service, please call 713-874-6590.
Current Schools We Serve In:
- Holy Ghost Catholic School
- Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School – Galena Park
- Resurrection Catholic School
- St. Augustine Catholic School
- St. Christopher Catholic School
- St. Mary of the Purification Catholic School
Catholic Charities is providing mental health services at a new location in the Aldine area in far north Houston – a Smart Pod designed and trademarked by Baylor College of Medicine as a mobile clinic containing innovative technology. The Counseling and Behavioral Health Clinic will provide on-site counselors on selected days of the week. This Smart Pod is a partnership with Catholic Charities, Baylor College of Medicine, The Harris Center, and Harris County Precinct 2.
Additional mental health resources:
- Harris Center/Mobile Crisis Outreach Team: 713-970-7000 and press #1 for the Crisis Line (they operate 24 hrs)
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline Phone: 988
- For immediate crisis, call 911