We’re Helping Additional Families Who Applied for the Harris County COVID-19 Emergency Direct Assistance Program
Using a generous grant from the United Way of Greater Houston, Catholic Charities is able to help additional families who applied for the Harris County COVID-19 Emergency Direct Assistance Program in 2020. These families are randomly selected from applicants who were not selected for the program last fall.
Selected families will be considered for $2,000 in financial assistance for expenses related to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
There is no way to submit a new application for these funds. The only recipients are people who applied for the Harris County COVID-19 Emergency Direct Assistance Program in 2020. No one else can be considered.
If you were selected, an eligibility specialist from Catholic Charities will contact you by mid-July. Please wait to hear from your eligibility specialist.
You must prove that you are eligible for these funds. There is no guarantee that all selected applicants will receive payment.
- Household must be within Harris County, including the City of Houston and all other municipalities
- Applicants aged 18 years or older or emancipated minor
- Applicants must provide the required personal identification and eligibility documentation. A list of documents can be viewed below.
- Household must have experienced an adverse economic impact due to the COVID-19 pandemic occurring after March 11, 2020 (e.g., loss of income or wages, adverse healthcare impact/increased healthcare costs).
- U.S. citizenship is not required.
- At least one household member must be enrolled in a public assistance program OR have a total household income of less than 80% of the HUD Area Median Family Income (HAMFI) limits at the time of application. See chart below.
Your eligibility specialist will ask you for one of these forms of identification:
- Current or expired driver’s license/ID
- State ID,
- School ID,
- Nonprofit membership ID,
- US visa,
- Work permit,
- Green card,
- A current or expired foreign government-issued ID,
- Matricula consular or consular card
- Work ID,
- Office of Refugee Resettlement ID
You’ll also need to provide documents to prove your eligibility.
- Proof of household income for the last 30 days OR a current public benefits program award letter
- Proof of Harris County residency
- Proof of need, such as an outstanding bill related to your emergency need
- If you aren’t able to provide these exact documents, you may still be eligible by signing a self-certification form
If you are unable to provide all of the documents mentioned above, you can download these forms, fill them in, and submit them to your eligibility specialist.
2020 Data on Household Average Median Family Income (HAMFI) from U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
|HOUSEHOLD SIZE||80% MEDIAN INCOME|