Three of Catholic Charities’ food pantries will be open on Saturday, September 21, 2019 to provide assistance to families impacted by Tropical Storm Imelda.
Food pantries in Houston, Richmond and Galveston will offer food assistance, provide referrals and assess individual needs.
Licensed counselors will be available on Saturday at the Mamie George Community Center and the Villa Guadalupe Lowenstein Pan de Vida Food Pantry at the Guadalupe Center. No appointment necessary; walk-ins are welcome.
The Mamie George Community Center in Richmond will continue with its regularly scheduled food fair beginning at 9:30 a.m.
Hours and locations of food pantries providing food assistance are:
Catholic Charities Guadalupe Center (Houston)
Hours: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Location: 326 South Jensen Drive, Houston, Texas 77003 (MAP)
Assistance provided: Food assistance, counselor on site, referrals
Mamie George Community Center (Richmond)
Hours: 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Location: 1111 Collins Rd, Richmond, TX 77469 (MAP)
Assistance provided: Food Fair (food assistance)
Catholic Charities Beacon of Hope Center (Galveston)
Hours: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Location: 4700 Broadway, Suite F-103, Galveston, Texas 77551 (MAP)
Assistance provided: Food assistance, referrals
Volunteers will be needed at Catholic Charities’ food pantries on Sat., Sept. 21 to help organize and distribute food.
Please contact Fidel Rassu at FRassu@CatholicCharities.org to sign up for available shifts.
How to Help
Your gift will allow Catholic Charities to immediately help families in need by providing food, clothing, shelter and a network of supportive services to get them back on their feet.
- Catholic Charities Disaster Recovery Program: Call intake line at 713.874.6664 to inquire about assistance.
- During normal business hours, individuals needing disaster recovery assistance due to recent flooding, should contact our Catholic Charities Disaster Recovery Hotline: 713-874-6664. A Disaster Case Manager will contact you within 48 hours to conduct an intake and assessment and provide access to basic needs, food and disaster case management by appointment.
- Texas Emergency Helpline: Dial 2-1-1 or search online at 211texas.org.
- Red Cross Shelter locations
- Imelda Recovery Resources – readyharris.org
About Catholic Charities’ Disaster Recovery Program
We provide response coordination and short-term and long-term recovery services to individuals and families dealing with the aftermath of natural disasters like hurricanes, floods and other catastrophes. No matter what storm comes our way, Catholic Charities will be here for the long term to help our community rebuild and recover.