Tropical Storm Imelda Disaster Recovery Assistance
If you were impacted by Tropical Storm Imelda, please see a list of available resources and information below:
Call our disaster relief intake line at 713.874.6664 to inquire about assistance. A Disaster Case Manager will contact you within 24 hours to conduct an intake and assessment and provide access to basic needs, food and disaster case management by appointment.
We provide response coordination and short-term and long-term recovery services to individuals and families dealing with the aftermath of natural disasters like hurricanes, floods and other catastrophes. No matter what storm comes our way, Catholic Charities will be here for the long term to help our community rebuild and recover.
FEMA funding is now available for Imelda flooding. Application deadline is December 3. For information, visit houstonrecovers.org.
Free legal assistance is available to storm survivors through the Disaster Relief Hotline: 866-659-0666. This assistance is available to storm survivors through a partnership between Lone Star Legal Aid, FEMA, the State Bar of Texas, and the American Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division. Visit DisasterLegalAid.org for more information.
Texas Emergency Helpline
Dial 2-1-1 or search online at 211texas.org.
2-1-1 Texas is a free, anonymous social service hotline available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. No matter where you live in Texas, you can dial 2-1-1, or (877) 541-7905, and find information about resources in your local community. Whether you need help finding food or housing, child care, crisis counseling or substance abuse treatment, one number is all you need to know.
Additional resources and information
- Imelda Recovery Resources – readyharris.org
- Call 713-274-3880 to report debris to the Harris County Debris hotline for unincorporated Harris County.
- Call 3-1-1 City of Houston helpline to report debris inside the City of Houston.
- Report any hazardous materials or contaminants to Harris County Pollution Control at 713-920-2831.
- Call Lone Star Legal Aid Disaster Hotline for disaster legal assistance at 866-659-0666.
- Crisis Clean Up Help – Crisis Clean Up may be available in your community. If you need assistance with mucking and gutting your home, call 1-800-451-1954 to register your home for volunteer support.
- Immigrant Legal Assistance – Immigrant survivors can visit houstonimmigration.org/disaster for information on immigrant eligibility for disaster relief programs, list of non-English/culturally-specific media, common legal needs after a disaster, and more.
- SBP – FREE guides and resources to help disaster survivors navigate the complex recovery process, avoid costly mistakes and make informed decisions that lead to a faster recovery.
- If you or someone you know suffered damage during the flooding, please fill out the Harvey Home Connect needs assessment survey at ImeldaSurvey.org. The five-minute survey will help government officials determine the level of help our community needs for disaster recovery.
- The American Red Cross is providing a onetime assistance with a cash card of $450; call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767)
- Houston Area Urban League is helping with housing assistance for veterans or spouse (no zip code restricted). Contact Glenda Kizzee (Gkizzee@haul.org)
- Airbnb is helping with temporary housing: www.airbnb.com, 1-855-424-7262
- On the Road Lending has funds for all Harvey and Imelda victims. Contact Lucretia Jelks, 713-330-9090, www.ontheroadlending.org
How You Can Help
Your gift will allow Catholic Charities to immediately help families in need by providing food, clothing, shelter and a network of supportive services to get them back on their feet.