Applications for assistance are now closed
Currently, we have reached our funding capacity and applications are now closed. If you were impacted by this severe winter weather event, please view the resources and information on this page for additional assistance.
To be connected to an agency that may be able to help with your immediate needs, call the Texas Emergency Helpline by dialing 2-1-1 or searching online at 211texas.org.
Food and Water Distributions
Catholic Charities is distributing food in Houston, Fort Bend (Richmond) and Galveston. Find dates, times and registration information:
Get Food Help
- Houston Food Bank Food Partners
- Kids Meals Houston
- Food and Water Distributions – United Way Houston
- List Additional of Food and Water Distributions
- SNAP recipients may purchase hot meals through March with their SNAP benefits.
- FEMA is assisting individuals and business owners who sustained losses in the designated area can begin applying for assistance by registering online at DisasterAssistance.gov or by calling 1-800-621-3362 or 1-800-462-7585 TTY.
- SBA Disaster Assistance Available For Texas Businesses and Residents Affected by Severe Winter Storms
- Report home damage – Harris County (ReadyHarris.org)
- Crisis Cleanup may be able to help with volunteer support for cleaning up after the freeze. Register online here or call 844-965-1386. Volunteers will contact you as they have resources to help. Assistance is limited.
- Clean up guide [PDF]
- Separating debris [PDF] – Fort Bend County Office of Emergency Management
- How to detect and deal with frozen pipes
- Filing claims with renters or homeowners insurance for damages
- Texas Winter Storm Resource – Renter’s Rights, How to Request Repairs from Landlord
- Renter’s Rights [PDF]
- Replacing legal documents – USA.gov
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers – free legal assistance
- The State Bar of Texas Disaster Hotline: (800) 504-7030. The hotline — answered in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
- TexasLawHelp.org provides this list of legal advice articles for disaster recovery.
- Immigrant Disaster Resource Guide
- Immigrant Rights Hotline: 1-833-468-4664
- Know Your Rights – Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Houston Bar Association – Disaster Recovery Resources
Winter Storm Needs Assessment Survey
Impacted by the Winter Storm? Share your needs with local nonprofits so we can advocated for more resources for our community. (Note this isn’t an application for assistance, but you can opt-in to receive text messages about new resources as they become available. Your personal information won’t be shared with government entities.
Additional Catholic Charities Services
Find resources and information about Catholic Charities’ programs and services:
Additional Catholic Charities Services
How to Help Families Impacted by Winter Storm Uri
Thousands of families have been devastated by Winter Storm Uri. With your gift, Catholic Charities can immediately begin helping vulnerable individuals with food, warm clothing, emergency financial assistance and more.
Make a Gift Online Now
- Winter Storm Resources (ReadyHarris.org)
- Houston Responds Disaster Resources
- To get the most up-to-date information from the Harris County Office of Emergency Management, text FREEZE to 888777.
- Warming Centers: call 211 or 311 or visit Texas Warming Centers
- If you use durable medical equipment, like oxygen machines, that go out because they lose power, please call 202-225-2571 and someone will contact you.
- Shelter or transportation needs: call Harris County Sheriff’s Office: 713-221-6000.
- West Houston Assistance Ministries
- Memorial Area Ministries: 713-574-7533 English | 713-574-7536 Español
- Northwest Assistance Ministries
- Humble Area Assistance Ministries
- Baker Ripley
Other Helpful Information
- Power Outage Food and Drink Safety
- CenterPoint Outage Map Tracker
- Report pets left outside unattended for extended periods, call 832-927-9297 for help.
- Report price gouging or other disaster scams call 800-621-0508 or file a complaint online at http://txoag.force.com/CPDOnlineForm.
- Power to Choose – Shop for electricity plans
- Check your electricity bill
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
Need help? Call Catholic Charities’ Counseling and Behavioral Health Clinic intake line at 713-791-2496 or request assistance online.
- Texas Health and Human Services: toll-free at 833-986-1919
(24/7 statewide mental health support line to help Texans experiencing anxiety, stress or emotional challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Harris Center/Mobile Crisis Outreach Team: 713.970.7000 and press #1 for the Crisis Line (they operate 24 hours)
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline Phone: 1-800-273-TALK
- NAMI Greater Houston
- Mental Health America of Greater Houston
- Crisis Intervention Houston
- Harris Health System
- Harris County Psychiatric Center
- For immediate crisis, call 911.