Catholic Charities Housing Program offers services to help families on the verge of becoming homeless, or who have already experienced homelessness.  The program provides rental assistance and connections to services that contribute to housing stability, such as employment readiness, financial literacy, counseling and childcare.

Looking for Housing Assistance? Click Here!


Stable Homes

Stable Homes prevents homelessness by providing rental assistance to low-income families and individuals who are threatened with eviction, including those living with HIV.  We work with each family to develop and implement a plan to achieve self-sufficiency, connecting them with other Catholic Charities and community resources.

Contact: Elizabeth Benavidez,

Rapid Re-Housing

In collaboration with the Houston Housing Authority and the Coalition for the Homeless, Rapid Re-Housing ends homelessness caused by the pandemic for individuals and families who became homeless during COVID-19 as a result of lost jobs or lost wages.  After we help these families find homes, we provide rental assistance, in partnership with the Houston Housing Authority, and ongoing services to help them become self-sufficient.

In order to receive assistance from Rapid Re-Housing, clients must be referred to Catholic Charities through the Coalition for the Homeless. Contact the Coalition for the Homeless at (713) 739-7514.  Or, for questions about the process, contact Cecilia Moreno,

Housing Stability Services

Housing Stability Services helps individuals and families continue to live independently through services that help them become or remain stable and self-sufficient.

Services include:

  • Case management (or close interaction to provide resources and guidance)
  • Housing navigation – security deposits and connections to suitable apartments
  • Counseling
  • Financial literacy education
  • Emergency food assistance
  • Childcare
Women Veterans Services

Women Veterans Services offers hope for women who have served this country and are in crisis.  At the Mamie George Community Center in Fort Bend County we help through financial assistance for rent, mortgage, food, employment, and education guidance, and through other services.  Women Veterans are also connected to other resources in the community, such as Disabled American Veterans, Veterans of Foreign Wars, and Fort bend Social Services.

Contact: Susan Jaroszewski,

Permanent Supportive Housing

The Permanent Supportive Housing Program (PSH) is a HUD funded grant that serves Veterans and Non-Veterans.  We provide housing to individuals and families who are chronically homeless.  To be eligible you must be Chronically Homeless and have a Disability.  To receive assistance from the PSH Program, clients must be referred to Catholic Charities through the Coalition for the Homeless.  Contact the Coalition for the Homeless at (713) 739-7514.

Rental Assistance

Need help with rent after your landlord filed for eviction?  Catholic Charities serves as an administrator with the Houston-Harris County Emergency Rental Assistance Program.  You may apply for assistance if you have an eviction court case number.