Request Disaster Relief from Hurricane Ida
Catholic Charities has limited funds available to help Louisiana families who were forced to evacuate by Hurricane Ida from parishes that are declared a disaster by FEMA. Funds can help with costs such as fuel for vehicles, meals, or other expenses.
Unfortunately, we do not have funding for hotel stays.
- A one-time payment of $50 per household
- Applicants must prove residence in a Louisiana parish that is declared a Category A Disaster Area
- You will need to provide ONE of the following if your application is selected.
- Copy of LA Driver’s License OR
- Copy of LA Identity Card OR
- Copy of Utility Bill in Applicant’s name
- This is not first-come, first-served. Applications will be selected at random.
- Catholic Charities will process a limited number of applications each day as long as funds remain available.
- Please do not apply more than once. It will not help your chances of being selected. Duplicates will be removed before selections are made.
- If chosen you will receive an email with further instructions
- You will be directed to make an appointment for financial assistance pick-up within the Houston area.
Additional resources and information are available on the Catholic Charities Disaster Recovery Program page.