Free Continuing Legal Education Seminar
Pro Bono Asylum Training: Assisting Afghan Evacuees
Thursday, February 17, 2022 1 – 4 PM TX MCLE: 3
Join Catholic Charities’ St. Frances Cabrini Center for a webinar on the basics of asylum law, potential claims for Afghans with ties to the United States, ethical issues in asylum representation, and a legal writing seminar. Course approved for 3 hours of MCLE in Texas, including .5 hours of Ethics.
- Olsa Alikaj-Cano, Principal Attorney and Founder, Cano Immigration, PLLC
- Elizabeth Mendoza Macias, Principal Attorney and Founder, Elizabeth M. Mendoza, P.C.
- Zenobia Lai, Executive Director, Houston Immigration Legal Services Collaborative
- Terry Cody, Legal Director, Cabrini Center for Immigrant Legal Assistance
- Rome Gonsoulin, Senior Attorney, Cabrini Center for Immigrant Legal Assistance