St. Frances Cabrini Center for Immigration Legal Assistance
Important DACA Updates
The Cabrini Center added three additional workshops in August to help individuals renew DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) applications.
Catholic Charities’ St. Frances Cabrini Center for Immigration Legal Assistance is dedicated to providing high-quality services to individuals otherwise unable to obtain legal representation. Our clients encompass victims of human trafficking, those separated from their families and eager to be reunited, and those who fear persecution in their country of origin.
Click here for available Community Resources (or see a list of additional resources below)
Immigrant Rights Hotline: 1-833-468-4664
We are dedicated to providing high quality, low-cost and pro bono legal services to immigrants and refugees who would otherwise not be able to obtain legal representation. Center activities include outreach, legal assessment and counseling, citizen application assistance, legal representation and advocacy. The Cabrini Center is the largest non-profit immigration legal service provider in Houston accredited by the Board of Immigration Appeals to represent individuals in immigration legal matters.
We provide on-site information sessions called Charlas, free of charge, three times per month at both the main office in Houston and in Richmond at Catholic Charities’ Mamie George Community Center. Charla attendees learn about immigration laws, and afterwards have the opportunity for a free consultation with an Immigration Attorney or Accredited Representative. Free Citizenship Workshops are also offered each month and staff provides citizen application assistance. View our calendar for upcoming dates.
Application assistance is offered for a person seeking to apply for U.S. Citizenship. No service fees for counsel, advice and assistance with applications. Attorneys and accredited representatives will be present to screen for eligibility. All workshops begin at 8 a.m. unless otherwise noted. Pre-registration is required before attending; no walk-ins accepting. Please email Citizenship@CatholicCharities.org or call 713-874-6700 to register. Click on our events calendar to view the next available workshop.
Another service our Cabrini program offers is Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Application Assistance Services, (DACA).
For more information on our homes for unaccompanied minors that have refugee or undocumented status, click here.
- Family Petitions
- Cuban Adjustment
- Refugee and Asylee Adjustment
- T Visa, U Visa, & VAWA
- Unaccompanied Minors
- Deferred Action
- Business or Employment Immigration
- Legalization or new TPS cases
- Other types of legal services such as Family Law
- U.S. Passport Services
All services of the Cabrini Center are provided without regard to race, religion or socioeconomic status.
Applicants must have:
- No criminal convictions with the exception of prior clients
- No cases filed by other attorneys or notaries (unless we have a copy of previously filed I-130)
- No Consular Processing cases if there are multiple entries
- Clients must be referred by Refugee/Resettlement, St. Jerome’s, or through a Charla
- No walk-ins are allowed except for Charlas – we see clients by appointment only.
$30 intake fee for all cases except:
- Older Refugees
- Refugee/Asylee Citizenship cases
- Crime Victims cases
- Income below 125% of the poverty guideline qualifies for free immigration legal services
- We do not provide other forms of financial assistance
- Must provide proof of income
Beginning June 2018, the Cabrini Center will begin charging a $100 fee for DACA appointments. Read updates on DACA.
Main Office: 2900 Louisiana Street, Houston, Texas 77006, 713-526-4611
Mamie George Community Center in Fort Bend County: 1111 Collins Road, Richmond, Texas 77469, 281-202-6200
Below is a list of resources and information for immigrants:
- Resources to prepare for raids and other immigration enforcement actions [PDF]
- If you or a family member are deported back to their country of origin: Caritas Internationalis Latin America and Caribbean: English | Spanish | French
- Additional Community Resources - Houston Immigration Legal Services Collaborative
- Immigrant Rights Hotline: 1-833-468-4664
- Impacted by Hurricane Harvey? Click here for information on receiving disaster relief assistance. The Houston Immigration Legal Services Collaborative has compiled a list of helpful numbers and resources to food pantries, shelters, legal assistance and much more. Access the guide here.
- DACA Assistance - The Cabrini Center has provided updates on DACA and what to do if you need assistance with your renewal or application.
Main phone: 713.526.4611
Catholic Charities St. Frances Cabrini Center for Immigration Legal Assistance is generously supported by www.TexasLawHelp.org.