St. Frances Cabrini Center for Immigrant Legal Assistance
Catholic Charities is implementing protocols in response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. There will be no “in-person” Charlas at this time. Charlas will be conducted by appointment through phone and email interaction. Please call the Cabrini intake line to request information and assistance at 713.874.6750 or 713.595.4100.
Renew DACA Now
Continue to renew DACA. Schedule a phone appointment with a Cabrini attorney or staff member to receive help with the renewal process.
Catholic Charities Urges Dreamers to Move Quickly to Renew Their Status After Supreme Court Action Offers Reprieve for DACA
Mental Health Resource Guide for DACA Recipients and undocumented individuals [PDF]
Catholic Charities’ St. Frances Cabrini Center for Immigrant Legal Assistance is dedicated to providing high-quality services to individuals otherwise unable to obtain legal representation. Our clients include victims of human trafficking or crimes, children separated from their families and eager to be reunited, those seeking immigration through family members, and those who fear persecution in their country of origin. Please contact us for a Charla appointment at 713.874.6750 or 713.595.4100.
Click here for available Community Resources (or see a list of additional resources below)
Immigrant Rights Hotline: 1-833-468-4664
Houston Immigration Legal Services Cooperative Immigrant Rights Hotline: 1-833-HOU-IMMI (468-4664)
We are dedicated to providing high quality, low-cost and pro bono legal services to immigrants and refugees who would otherwise not be able to obtain legal representation. Center activities include outreach, legal assessment and counseling, citizen application assistance, legal representation and advocacy. The Cabrini Center is the largest non-profit immigration legal service provider in Houston accredited by the Board of Immigration Appeals to represent individuals in immigration legal matters.
We provide on-site (remote during the COVID-19 pandemic) information sessions called Charlas, free of charge, three times per month at both the main office in Houston. Charla attendees learn about immigration laws, and afterwards have the opportunity for a free consultation with an Immigration Attorney or Accredited Representative. Free Citizenship Workshops are also offered each month and staff provides citizen application assistance.
Application assistance is offered for a person seeking to apply for U.S. Citizenship. No service fees for counsel, advice and assistance with applications. Attorneys and accredited representatives will be present to screen for eligibility. Pre-registration is required; no walk-ins accepted.
Another service our Cabrini program offers is Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Application Assistance Services, (DACA).
We provide “Know Your Rights”, evaluation, and representation for designated unaccompanied minors.
- Family Petitions
- Cuban Adjustment
- Refugee and Asylee Adjustment
- T Visa, U Visa, & VAWA
- Unaccompanied Minors
- Deferred Action
- Business or Employment Immigration
- Other types of legal services such as Family Law
All services of the Cabrini Center are provided without regard to race, religion or socioeconomic status.
No walk-ins are allowed – we see clients by appointment only.
We may be able to provide free services for eligible persons such as:
- Older Refugees
- Refugee/Asylee Citizenship cases
- Crime Victims cases
- Persons with Income below 125% and in some cases below 200% of the poverty guideline may qualify for free immigration legal services
- Must provide proof of income
Below is a list of resources and information for immigrants:
- Resources to prepare for raids and other immigration enforcement actions [PDF]
- If you or a family member are deported back to their country of origin: Caritas Internationalis Latin America and Caribbean: English | Spanish | French
- Additional Community Resources - Houston Immigration Legal Services Collaborative
- Immigrant Rights Hotline: 1-833-468-4664
- Impacted by disaster? Click here for information on receiving disaster relief assistance. The Houston Immigration Legal Services Collaborative has compiled a list of helpful numbers and resources to food pantries, shelters, legal assistance and much more. Access the guide here.
- DACA Assistance - The Cabrini Center has provided updates on DACA and what to do if you need assistance with your renewal or application.
- Educating Your Community About Enforcement Actions: Resources For Preparation and Protection (USCCB) - Resources for Know Your Rights, family preparation and connecting with community
The Cabrini Center offices are located at:
Catholic Charities Central Office
2900 Louisiana Street
Houston, Texas 77006
Catholic Charities North Loop West
2707 North Loop West
Suites 110 and 300
Houston, Texas 77008
For citizenship questions, please contact us at Citizenship@CatholicCharities.org
Catholic Charities St. Frances Cabrini Center for Immigration Legal Assistance is generously supported by www.TexasLawHelp.org.