Disaster Recovery – Restoring Hope and Rebuilding Lives
Impacted by Hurricane Harvey or disaster and need help?
Call 713.874.6664 or complete the form below.
Safe Harbor Short Term Housing Program
Catholic Charities’ Safe Harbor program provides individuals and families impacted by disaster with rent-free, furnished housing and case management services for 90 days (with possible extensions if necessary). The program provides temporary housing while clients resolve issues involving home repair and disruption of income so they may return to their pre-disaster living situations. Clients also meet with a case manager to complete required documentation and develop a recovery plan.
If you are interested in apply for our Safe Harbor program for temporary housing assistance, complete the form below:
Apply for Safe Harbor Program
Disaster Recovery Services
We provide response coordination and short-term and long-term recovery services to individuals and families dealing with the aftermath of natural disasters like hurricanes, floods and other catastrophes.
Watch to learn more about the disaster relief services Catholic Charities provided after Hurricane Harvey.
View more videos by shifting through the playlist or watch on YouTube.
After a natural disaster, free disaster recovery assistance may include:
- Help accessing newly available resources
- Help determining if you qualify for supplemental funding
Professional counseling services to help you manage stress and cope with change, such as:
- Family members relocating to your home/their home while repairs are made
- Job loss
- Marital conflicts
Disaster recovery services, including short and long-term recovery assistance through the assistance of a case manager, are activated as needed and if resources are available.
Individual and company donations are accepted to support disaster recovery activities as funds come from different sources with each disaster.
- Basic needs
- Long-term case management
- Resource referrals
To see if you qualify and receive additional information, please call 713-874-6664.
- If you were impacted by the recent floods, help may be available through FEMA. Apply at www.disasterassistance.gov or call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362).
- All seeking help are encouraged to call 2-1-1 first to determine the best resources for assistance.
- All damage should be reported. Damage information will be placed in a database which will alert cleanup crews:
- Visit www.houston.org/floodrecovery to find information on the types of assistance offered to flood victims.
- Hurricane Preparedness 101: What you need in your kit
- What to do if your car floods
Varies by disaster. Professional counseling services: no requirements other than the issue counseling must be related to the disaster.
You will need to provide:
- Pre-disaster address
- Current address
- Current phone number
- FEMA number, if applicable
- Alternate contact information
Catholic Charities Disaster Relief Hotline: 713.874.6664
Main number: 713-526-4611