Disaster Recovery – Restoring Hope and Rebuilding Lives
Hurricane Preparedness Resources
Make sure you and your family are prepared for the next storm. Catholic Charities’ Disaster Recovery Program has tips, resources and checklists to help you stay safe.
We provide response coordination and short-term and long-term recovery services to individuals and families dealing with the aftermath of natural disasters like hurricanes, floods and other catastrophes. No matter what storm comes our way, Catholic Charities will be here for the long term to help our community rebuild and recover.
You can make sure we have the funds necessary to provide immediate relief to families suffering after a natural disaster:
Watch to learn more about the disaster relief services Catholic Charities provided after Hurricane Harvey.
View more videos by shifting through the playlist or watch on YouTube.
- Help accessing newly available resources
- Help determining if you qualify for supplemental funding
- Family members relocating to your home/their home while repairs are made
- Job loss
- Marital conflicts
- Basic needs
- Long-term case management
- Resource referrals
- If you were impacted by the recent floods, help may be available through FEMA. Apply at www.disasterassistance.gov or call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362).
- All seeking help are encouraged to call 2-1-1 first to determine the best resources for assistance or search the online directory.
- Pre-disaster address
- Current address
- Current phone number
- FEMA number, if applicable
- Alternate contact information
- All damage should be reported. Damage information will be placed in a database which will alert cleanup crews:
- National VOAD Resource Center
- What to do if your car floods
- Disaster Resources for Immigrants - Houston Legal Services Collaborative
- Hurricane Preparedness 101: What you need in your kit
- National Weather Service Hurricane Preparedness
- Hurricane Preparedness - Red Cross
- Preparing for a Hurricane or Tropical Storm - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Ready.gov - Department of Homeland Security
- 7 Tips for Hurricane Preparedness - American Bankers Association
- Hurricane Preparedness Checklist - ReadyHarris.org [PDF]