Counseling and Behavioral Health Clinic
Help is here. Speak to a Counselor by calling 713-791-2496.
Need help talking to children about racism and protests? Our counselors put together a tip sheet to help:
Tips for Kids on Racism and Protests [PDF]
Mental Health Tips During COVID-19 from Catholic Charities Counselors
- 7 Things to Remember to Practice Self-Care During COVID-19
- Managing the Holiday Blues During the Pandemic
Additional mental health resources:
- Harris Center/Mobile Crisis Outreach Team: 713.970.7000 and press #1 for the Crisis Line (they operate 24 hrs)
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline Phone: 1-800-273-TALK
- For immediate crisis, call 911
Texans Recovering Together — FREE COVID-19 Crisis Counseling Program: (936) 521-6331 [ENGLISH | SPANISH – PDF]
Maintaining Positive Mental Health During COVID-19 Outbreak – MHA of Greater Houston
Mental Health And COVID-19 – Information And Resources – MHA of Greater Houston
MHA Resource Guideline and Phone Numbers [PDF] – MHA of Greater Houston
FAQ on COVID-19 and mental health [PDF] – NAMI
Harris County Public Health – Mental Health Matters
Healthy Ways to Deal with Mental Stress [PDF]
Coping with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks [PDF]
The Counseling and Behavioral Health Clinic helps families of any income level with everyday problems build healthy relationships and heal from trauma and grief. Our licensed bilingual counselors serve families in schools, at parishes and in other locations throughout the community. Counseling also is integrated into other Catholic Charities programs because overall health is essential to self-sufficiency.
The Counseling Services program provides individual, couple and family counseling, as well as workshops/presentations for men, women and children. These services are provided by licensed clinicians who hold Master’s degrees and a variety of state licenses and credentials. These include marriage and family therapists, clinical social workers, and professional counselors. Bilingual staff members are available to meet a growing need for Spanish language counseling in the community.
The counseling staff of Catholic Charities is able to provide support, guidance, and insight for:
- Couples, premarital and marriage counseling to strengthen relationships
- Individuals who have experienced loss, trauma, or life changes
- Families seeking a better way to communicate.
- Youth dealing with peer pressure or bullying
- Parents who need guidance raising children with behavioral issues
- Individuals struggling with anger or anxiety
- Families adjusting to separation or divorce
- People who feel sad and alone
- Adults and youth coping with life’s daily stresses
- Caregivers supporting mentally ill and physically challenged loved ones
Learn more about our School Counseling program here.
The program is open to all children, families, singles and couples regardless of race, religion or socioeconomic status.
While there is a fee for the Counseling services, we do work on a sliding scale. The sliding scale fees are based off a family’s income and will be assessed when making an appointment. We are also able to accept some insurance plans.
Counseling services are provided at the following locations:
Moran Health Center, 2615 Fannin St., Houston, TX 77002
St. John Vianney Catholic Community, Social Ministry Office, 625 Nottingham Oaks Trail, Houston, TX 77079
Fort Bend County:
12300 Parc Crest Dr., Stafford, TX 77477
Humble Area Assistance Ministries
1204 1st St. E , Humble, TX 77338
St. Ignatius Loyola Catholic Church, 7810 Cypresswood Dr., Spring, TX 77379
Christ the Good Shepherd Catholic Church, 18511 Klein Church Road, Spring, TX 77379
Prince of Peace Catholic Community, 19222 Tomball Parkway, Houston, TX 77070
Program Director: Srimaya Gurung,M.S.,LPC-S, CCTP
Contact Family Counseling at 713-791-2496 for more information or to schedule an appointment at any counseling location.
You can also request counseling assistance by completing the online form here.