Affordable Housing Assistance: Catholic Charities Community Development Corporation (CDC)
Together with the Independence Heights Redevelopment Council (IHRC) and its partners, Catholic Charities Community Development Corporation (CDC) is working to revitalize this historic neighborhood and create home ownership opportunities for low to moderate-income families. The new homes are priced to limit the threat of gentrification and create opportunities for current residents to remain in the historic community settled by their grandparents.
This program addresses the need for education and counseling to individuals and families who are in the low-moderate income range seeking to learn more about the homeownership process.
- Pre-Purchase Housing Education Classes
- Pre-Purchase One-on-One Counseling
- Post-Purchase Counseling
- Post-Purchase Workshops
- Foreclosure Prevention Counseling
- Credit Enhancement Counseling
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- Valid State Driver’s License or Identification Card(s)
- Social Security Card(s)
- Permanent or Temporary Resident Alien Card(s) (as applicable)
- Six months of paycheck stubs
- Six months of all bank statements, three month Verification of Deposit (VOD) and/or cashier’s checks to verify that you have at least $1,000 in reserves. The borrower cannot have more than $50,000 in liquid assets (excluding retirement accounts).
- Two years of complete income tax returns including all schedules, W-2’s or 1099’s
- Any award letters to verify other sources of income such as child support, social security, social security supplemental income (SSI), pensions, annuities, etc.
- Birth certificates or legal documentation of adoption or guardianship for all household members seventeen (17) years of age and under
- If applicable, additional documents/statements from the applicant(s) related to marital status, i.e., divorce decree, legal separation documents, and/or death certificate
There is a $25 fee for our Homebuyer Education class. All other services are free. Clients may pay with cash or money order.
Catholic Charities’ Midtown office, 2900 Louisiana Street, Houston, Texas 77006
Please call 713.526.4611 ext. 6908 or email Mary Guerra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit the Catholic Charities’ Community Development Corporation (CDC) website.
For more information on classes, including a schedule, registration form, and driving directions, please visit the class information page at Catholic Charities’ Community Development Corporation (CDC) website.