Blessed Beginnings Life Center
Catholic Charities’ Blessed Beginnings Life Center is currently at capacity.
We hope to open enrollment again in May 2021, so please be sure to visit our site at that time. Please look at our additional resources below for assistance. If you are a social worker or community health worker, please contact our Program Coordinator Natalya Velasco if you are wanting more information firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Texas Emergency Helpline: dial 2-1-1 (unless it is a police emergency; then dial 9-1-1) to be connected to an agency that may be able to help with your immediate needs.
- Texas Pregnancy Care Network: find a location near you that may be able to help.
- More information and updates about Catholic Charities’ response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Blessed Beginnings Pregnancy and Parenting Life Center is committed to the sanctity of human life, especially in its most vulnerable early stages. As a pro-life agency that honors every single human being with the dignity and respect they deserve, we are dedicated to providing the support and education young parents who choose life need to have happy, healthy babies and children. Our program focuses on the critical time period from the woman’s pregnancy through the age of five—a child’s most formative years.
Free Prenatal and Parenting Classes available in both English and Spanish.
Our classes are normally held in English and Spanish at the Moran Center (2615 Fannin Street, Houston, TX 77002 | MAP). These classes are also offered in collaboration with other nonprofit organizations and high schools in the Greater Houston Area. A wide variety of critical prenatal and parenting topics are covered, including post-partum physical care, bonding and attachment, breastfeeding, sudden infant death syndrome, shaken baby syndrome, car seat safety, age-appropriate play, positive discipline, budgeting and much more!
- Understanding pregnancy: fetal development
- Understanding pregnancy: medical care
- Understanding pregnancy: nutrition and exercise
- Understanding pregnancy: discomforts, emotions and preterm labor
- Understanding pregnancy: hazards and lead
- Birth plan and hospital bag prep
- Stages of labor
- Understanding your newborn: Newborn traits and behaviors
- Understanding your newborn: crying and comforting
- Understanding your newborn: breastfeeding and bottle feeding
- Understanding your newborn: diapering, cleaning & dressing
- Understanding your newborn: newborn health and safety
- Health and Safety for 0-6 months
- Nutrition for 0-6 months
- Self-care for mom when baby is 0-6 months
- Postpartum care and depression
- Developmental milestones and age-appropriate play for 0-6 months
- Raising emotionally healthy babies
- Emotional Health and Positive Discipline 0-6 months
- Infant car seat safety
- Safety in the home
- Developmental milestones and age-appropriate play (7-12 months)
- Developmental milestones and age-appropriate play toddlers (1-2 years old)
- Developmental milestones and age-appropriate play toddlers (2 years old)
- Raising emotionally healthy children for toddlers (1-2 years old)
- Raising emotionally healthy children for preschool age (3-5 years old)
- Emotional Health & Positive Discipline 7-12 months
- Emotional Health & Positive Discipline 1-year-olds
- Emotional Health & Positive Discipline 2-year-olds
- Potty training
- Self-care for mom when baby is 7-12 months
- Self-care for mom when child is 1 year old
- Self-care for mom when child is 2 years old
- Nutrition for baby (7-12 months)
- Nutrition for 1 year old
- Nutrition Volume 1: Preventing Obesity Birth to Age 1
- Nutrition Volume 2: Preventing Obesity Ages 1-5
- Health and Safety for baby (7-12 months)
- Health and Safety for 1 year old
- Health and Safety for 2 years old
- Understanding Dad: (Understanding Your Family Dynamic)
- Lesson 1 : My Life as a Mom
- Lesson 2: Me and My Children’s Father
- Lesson 3 and 4: My Mother’s Impact and My Father’s Impact
- Lesson 5: The Impact on My Children
- Lesson 6: Patterns of Communication
- Lesson 7 and 8: Open Safe Communication, How to Listen
- Doctor Dad
- The Safe Child
- The Injured Child
- The Well Child
- The Sick Child
- Safety in the home
Program participants may be eligible to receive baby items such as diapers, bottles, clothes, cribs, car seats and age-appropriate learning toys.
Currently are not providing pregnancy test due to COVID-19.
Can’t make one of our set classes? No worries, we are here to provide support for you individually. We know that ongoing parental support is essential, so we can help you find the resources you need, and provide helpful parenting tips.
Pregnant women, dads-to-be and parents of children under the age of five.
Visit our class calendar for specific lessons, dates and times.
Catholic Charities provides post-adoption services to children and adults who were previously adopted through our organization and need assistance with finding their birth families, mental health support, or are looking for more information.
- Adult adoptee and birth parent search services
- Search and reunion support group
- Birth parent histories and adoptive family profiles
- Services to private adoptions occurring in Harris County (referrals provided by the court)
Contact: Lillian Salinas at email@example.com or 713.874.6575.
If you are interested in adopting, please contact one of these agencies below:
Presbyterian Children Services: 713.522.2800
If you would like to sign up for one of our classes or talk to our team about how we can help you, please call 713.874.6760 or complete the form below.
You can also email us at BlessedBeginnings@CatholicCharities.org to inquire about registering for classes or requesting assistance.
Thank you to our partners who support the Blessed Beginnings Life Center: