The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has signed an extension to the eviction moratorium to temporarily halt eviction of communities who are experiencing “substantial or high levels of community transmission of COVID” through October 3, 2021.
According to the CDC’s COVID Data Tracker Houston/Harris, Fort Bend, and Montgomery counties are currently experiencing high levels of transmission and are therefore covered by this extension. For more information from the CDC on this order, click here.
Need help? Resources are available
If you were impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and need assistance, please see resources available below:
- One-time $1,500 payments for emergency expenses — Harris County Recovery Assistance
Application will be open July 28 – August 11. Harris County is providing $30 million in funding to help people recover from financial distress brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. Households that are selected and approved will receive a one-time payment of $1,500 for emergency expenses. Apply online through August 11 at HarrisCountyRelief.org.
- Houston-Harris Help Emergency Rental Assistance Program
The City of Houston and Harris County are working together to provide $159 million in rent and utilities assistance to families who are struggling due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit HoustonHarrisHelp.org to apply or for more information.
- Catholic Charities Assistance and Resources
- Additional COVID-19 Resources and Information
- To connect to non-profit organizations and access services near you, dial 2-1-1, the Texas/United Way helpline. Other ways to access the helpline: