Our Vision: People of faith helping people in need achieve self-sufficiency and live with dignity.
Our Mission: Guided by God’s love, Catholic Charities helps people in southeast Texas by providing caring, compassionate services and advocating for social justice in collaboration with parishes and communities.
What Does Catholic Charities Do?
For more than 70 years, Catholic Charities has provided food, clothing, shelter and a network of support services to people of all ages and from all walks of life and religious backgrounds. We also promote social justice, serving as a voice for the poor and vulnerable.
Annually, we provide help and create hope for more than 82,000 people as they create better lives for themselves and their families.
Who Does Catholic Charities Serve?
Catholic Charities serves anyone in the Greater Galveston-Houston region who needs us, from any religious background and from all walks of life. Our network of services is here…
- … for low-income families who are struggling to make ends meet.
- … for people who are hungry.
- … for victims of natural disasters.
- … for parents who desire to give their children the best possible start in life.
- … for women with young children escaping abuse and trying to start over.
- … for people getting back on their feet.
- … for women veterans trying to reestablish civilian life.
- … for children who arrive here, alone and scared, and for children in crisis.
- … for refugees who escaped violence, torture and threats.
- … for immigrants who need legal advice.
- … for people who are too sick to care for themselves, including AIDS/HIV sufferers,
- … for vulnerable seniors who are alone with no or limited means of support.
- … and for people who want better lives and are striving for self-sufficiency.
We are people helping people, as Jesus called us to do.
Nationally Recognized Nonprofit
We are accredited by the Council on Accreditation and Better Business Bureau, and also the recipient of the 2015 BBB Pinnacle Award for Nonprofits. We are a member agency of the United Way of Greater Houston and a member of Catholic Charities USA, one of the largest private networks of social services providers in the country.